Hey all, Shannon here with a new episode run down for The Secret Circle, Episode #10. To refresh your memory these are spoiler filled from the perspective of seeing just the particular episode noted, and the episodes prior to it. Please watch the episode first before reading to save yourself from SPOILERS for The Secret Circle: Episode #10.
Episode #10: Darkness
Cassie's dark powers continue to come to the surface including accidentally choking Adam. Also, Grandma Kate comes to town (Diana's grandmother/Charles mother) and throws her weigh around include sussing out that Dawn is using Charles and tests Cassie by burying her in the guise of ridding her of dark power.
- Although she doesn't appear to be a nice lady, I love how Grandma Kate just cut through all the crap, especially with Dawn and how she can tell she's not interested in Charles.
- Great awkward dinner scene where Dawn shows up and plays happy girlfriend to Charles - this scene totally cracked me up.
- I'm impressed they found a way to get a new witch-aware yet non-circle guy on the show with Lee.
- Lots of people standing up for themselves here - Melissa stands up to Faye, Charles stands up to Dawn, Faye stands up to Lee and Diana even goes after Cassie when she realizes her Grandmother was going to hurt her.
- Nothing new other than Lee's place which is noted as in Chance Harbour
- Grandma Kate - Diana's Grandmother and Charles Mother
- Lee LaBeque - fake voodoo priest guy that lives in Chance Harbour, whose grandparents were voodoo priests
- Kate can sense Cassie's dark magic and that it scares Cassie
- Cassie says that were the power erupted inside: "Letting my fear save me, it felt good"
- Faye & Melissa continue to have tension over Melissa not being over Nick's death
- Melissa says she won't help Faye witch-destroy Lee's place for tricking them
- Diana and Cassie hang out a lot
- Adam has a big apology to Cassie for breaking her trust that he says in front of Diana which is very surprizing. Talk about putting salt into a break up wound
- Cassie has a dream where Jake tells her she can't control the dark magic "evil blood, Balcoin blood, the devils blood"
- When Cassie gets mad at Adam she involuntarily starts to make him choke, just like how Jake choked in her dream.
- Cassie does a attraction spell to bring Jake back to town (and it works!)
- Cassie is scared when buried by Kate but when she calms down she blasts herself out of it
- Faye & Melissa go to see Lee LeBeque to have him doe a spell on Faye from Cassie's journal to untap her power - but he was a scamming them, even though he claims to be a descendant of voodoo priests
- Kate offers to draw Cassie's dark power out of her to rid her of it and Cassie without hesitation agrees. During the ritual Kate breaks an elderberry branch which topples Cassie over and Kate puts Cassie in the box to leave her to die and the dark magic to die with her.
- Kate appears has solo magic
- Kate says that Cassie is the one they are waiting for, strong enough to tip the balance between good and evil.
- Kate says Cassie's power is more powerful than hers
- Kate says that Cassie's fathers dark magic took him over
- Cassie shares with Adam that Jake told her she has dark magic, but that she doesn't want the others to know
- Daina figures out Adam is researching dark magic for Cassie
- Dawn actually infers to Charles to kill his own mother (Kate).
- Kate says that when magic leaves and imprint on it and she can tell Charles'
- "You had a habit of using people and tossing them aside, I won't let you do that to my son." - Kate to Dawn
- "It's always the short quiet ones you have to look out for" - Faye
- "I'm not looking for more apologies, I'm just trying to understand" - Adam to Cassie
- "Here's what you have to understand; some things can be really bad and really good at the same time" - Faye
- "You have a good heart but you are weak. You give into temptation, you always have." - Kate to Charles
- "Come out of the darkness, otherwise you will be lost to me, to Diana, to yourself" - Kate to Charles
- I'm curious how or if Kate uses her power because she really knows her stuff.
- I'm not sure why Faye would go to Lee to do the spell and not just have her and Melissa try to cast it - it's unclear who can do spells vs solo magic vs group magic.
- Charles - I'm curious on his motivations to get involved in any of this beyond Dawn convincing him. I wonder what made him start trying to do magic again and why he killed Cassie's mother in episode 1.
- Kate mentions Cassie is the one they have been waiting for - they who? The Elders? Is she part of a circle? The same one as Jane? How many circles are there?
- Balcoin/Blake's: Cassie / Amelia (confirmed dead) + John Blackwell (Cassie's father - dead) / Jane + ? and Frances Balcoin + ?
- Meade's: Diana / Charles + ______ (Diana's mother is assumed dead) / Kate
- Chamberlain’s: Faye / Dawn + _____ (Faye's father is dead); Henry (dead)
- Conant's: Adam, Ethan + ______ (Adam's mother - assumed dead)
- Glaser's: Melissa's family: ________ + _______
- Armstrong's: Nick's (dead) + Jake Family: parents (Richard and Sarah) are dead
Family Book of Shadows Found (3 out of 6) as of Episode 10
- Diana found her family's book first
- Cassie found her family's book at the end of Episode 1 (Faye stole a page from it)
- Jake shows Cassie a book in Ep 9 (inferred it's the Armstrong Book)
Kill / Saves Tally (8 / 19) :
- Charles: 2 (Amelia, Ep 1 and Nick/Abaddon in Ep 5)
- Jake: 2 (Simone, Ep 6; Calvin, Ep 7)
- Cassie: 1 (Luke, Ep 7)
- Dawn: 1 (Henry, strongly inferred that she killed him Ep 2)
- Faye: 1-ish (Sally, Ep 2)
- Accidental: 1 (Heather hit by a car - Ep 4)
- Cassie: 8 (Faye from Heather, Ep 4; Jake from Simone Ep 6; Diana from Luke + Adam, Melissa, Diana, Faye & Herself from the witch hunters all in Ep 7)
- Jane: 6 (Saved Cassie, Diana, Faye, Adam, Nick & Melissa from Melissa while possessed by Abaddon)
- Adam: 2 (Cassie, Ep 1; Ep 9 - from kidnapping, although kind of was collective effort)
- Dawn: 1 (Sally - with crystal, Ep 2)
- Nick: 1 (Cassie from Heather, Ep 4)
- Jake: 1 (Cassie from Simone Ep 6)
Left off at
- Lee offers to actually help Faye to get her power
- Cassie said the feeling of having the power felt good
- Jake has returned to Chance Harbour
Remember to check out Episode #86 of Hexed where Shannon does her best to solo-chat this episode in depth.