We've not recorded a podcast for a bit, so I thought I would share a post of the bits and bobs of news that we'd normally pour over together from some returns dates for cancelled shows, new series in development, news on shows that we don't talk about religiously, and a fair amount on upcoming Amazon Studios and SyFy series that we have no idea if or when will be aired in Canada. It's a mixed bag or rag-tag miscellany, enjoy!
Paranormal News Roundup:
- Zero Hour to return to ABC June 15, 2013 at 8pm
- Do No Harm to return starting Saturday June 29, 2013 at 10pm
- Unconfirmed, Unofficial word on 666 Park Avenue remaining episodes may air in June on Saturdays (possibly June 22, 2013)
- Reaper Rights picked up by FearNet, Reunion Planned
- BBC America's Musketeers First Look
- Scream Pilot Greenlit, Series would air Summer 2014 on MTV
- Defiance doing great in the US ratings on SyFy
- J.J. Abrams looking to adapt Stephen King's 11/22/63 for cable TV
- Revolution renewed for Season 2, 22 episodes to air 2013-14
- 14 Amazon Pilots available for US viewers to watch and provide feedback; Suzie and I talked about back in our podcast on Paranormally-Inclined 2013-14 TV Pilots ~ Specialty Channels, and were excited about Supanatural (Animated), Dark Minion and Zombieland so we are sad we can't watch the pilots up here.
- SyFy adapting Larry Niven's Ringworld and Arthur C. Clarke's Childhood's End into Miniseries
- Absolutely oodles of series and projects in development announced by SyFy; I'm particularly interested in new scripted series High Moon (think High Noon, in space), No Place (gated-community-turned-survivalist), Orion (space opera series following a female relic hunter), Sojourn (first space detective/conspiracy series), Infinity (billionaire only person who has space travel needed to greet aliens), Silver Shields (did I hear 'magical creatures'? :). And for non-fiction shows The Jim Henson Creature Shop (a creature competition program from Jim Henson Studios) along with Cosworld and Fandemonium, following cosplay and fandom folk respectively. OH, did I mention Meat Loaf Rocks the Paranormal and Graveyard Shift with Josh Gates? No further description required on those, methinks.