Sunday, April 28, 2013

Beauty and the Beast Picked Up for Second Season


Images Source: Showcase.ca

It's party time for Beauty and the Beasters! The CW has announced that Beauty and the Beast has been renewed for a second season. I'm SO HAPPY! I've enjoyed watching Beauty and the Beast so much the season, it's nice to have an exciting and romantic series that has sweetness and heart. Plus, the chemistry between Kristin Kreuk and Jay Ryan is insane. I can't wait for more!

Here is more about the season 2 order of Beauty and the Beast from a media release: "BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, starring Kristin Kreuk and Jay Ryan, was this year’s People’s Choice Award winner for Favorite New Drama, and HART OF DIXIE, starring Rachel Bilson, is one of The CW’s top performers on digital platforms, behind only THE VAMPIRE DIARIES.

All three of these series see big lifts in Live+7 Day delayed viewing versus Live + Same Day, with THE VAMPIRE DIARIES jumping 52% increase among adults 18-34 and a 56% gain among women 18-34 once all time-shifted viewing is included. HART OF DIXIE averages a 53% increase among adults 18-34 and a 61% gain among women 18-34, and BEAUTY AND THE BEAST seeing a 43% jump in adults 18-34 and a 45% bump in women 18-34 from the overnight Live+SD to Live+7."

I don't actually understand what those stats mean, but it sounds like an increase which is a good thing. I'll admit I'm surprized to hear that both The Originals (Vampire Diaries spin-off) is going ahead and Beauty and the Beast is renewed, but I'll take it! I think they will do some schedule shuffling come the fall, but wherever they land I'll be checking them out. I hope Showcase picks it up for Season 2, it's been great for us Canadians to be able to watch Beauty and the Beast on Showcase and online at the Showcase site.