Time for another episode run down for Teen Wolf, and yes it will include spoilers (see big SPOILER warning below!!) for the particular episode, but only the episode noted in the post title as I don't watch trailers, teasers or read spoiler articles. It may also include predictions for future episodes, but all the views are entirely from the perspective of watching the actual episode. Okay, let's get started!
SPOILERS and DETAILS for TEEN WOLF, SEASON 1, EPISODE 4 BELOW
Teen Wolf Season 1
Episode 4: Magic Bullet
- Derek gets shot by and asks for Scott help to find out why it's special and preventing him from hurting.
- Derek is shot by a 'magic bullet' that includes Nordic Blue Monkshood (sp?)
- New character: Kate! A hunter, Allison's aunt, appears not to play by the hunter rules
- New character: Peter Hill - Derek's Uncle who survived the fire, was (?) a werewolf & now is in a home
- Lots of time with the Argent family in this episode. We find out Allison's Dad's first name is Chris, Allison's Aunt Kate is introduced (she's Chris's sister) and we see Allison's Mom for the first time.
- Derek does have family that survived the fire - Uncle Peter
- Werewolves shot with Nordic Blue Monkshood bullets can't regenerate
- Female Hunters - yay! (Kate)
- Derek has a tattoo (yay, tattoos!) three curlycue like things that meet together and for a triangle shape
- There is some kind of code of the hunters, that they only hunt adults and 1 other thing (grr, I missed the other thing!)
- Totally didn't dig any of the romance and heat stuff in the ep. I thought it was odd Allison would take dating advice from Lydia and the big save of non-reveal of Scott taking something from Aunt Kate's room because Allison stole a condom was just weird.
- Pacing left a lot to be desired as all the time Stiles and Derek were together didn't seem to match up the epic time of studying and dinnering Scott & Allison had at the Argents, also didn't love the whole interrogation of Scott at dinner.
- The grilling of the putting a rabid dog down for different reasons was a little too clear on showing peoples philosophies
- I thought some of the Stiles & Derek stuff was really funny, but also thought Stiles if he's actually really scared of Derek he wouldn't be as lippy.
- I was very surprized that Scott was hesitant to help Derek
- I liked that they introduced a strong female character with Kate, will be curious to see where they go with her.
- Being shot with Nordic Blue Monkshood stops werewolf regeneration
- Burning Nordic Blue Monkshood and applying to the wound counteracts the effect
- Scott's able to now control transformation a bit as he 'grew' his fingers to get to the out of reach bullet.
- Nordic Blue Monkshood could kill a werewolf in 48 hours
- But... cutting of a limb might stop that (ew!)
- Derek says that the Alpha can call other werewolves at which point they have to either kill with the alpha or be killed
- Evidence points to the burning of Derek's house was not in line with the hunter code.
- Looks like Chris doesn't know that Scott was who he shot in Ep 1
- Looks like Allison doesn't know that her family are hunters, even though she's good at archery and they have tons of guns
- Looks like the life of a hunter isn't a choice but you have to do it because Kate inferred that Allison would be a part of it.
- The obvious prediction would be Kate is responsible for Derek's family house being burned down, and therefore there would be revenge by Derek (when) he finds out.
- Jackson gets scratched by Derek - could that lead to anything?
- Did the Alpha attack Kate?
- Why did Kate shoot Derek & not the Alpha?
- Why didn't Scott tell Derek he overheard that the bullet meant he had 48hrs left?
- Why did they hold on the crossing the threshold of Scott entering the Argent house?
- Did Derek know that Stiles knew about this whole werewolf thing? How come there wasn't a 'you aren't suppose to tell' moment?
- If there are hunter rules, who enforces them?
- Allison - she seemed a bit out of character her, not sure this whole 'not dating til college' (?) thing and taking advice from Lydia.
- Will something happen to Jackson?
- "You eat meat?" - Mr. Argent to Scott
- "This house is the freaking Walmart of guns" - Scott
- "Derek. Derek who still scares me" - Stiles
- Derek is healed from the bullet, his family appeared to be unjustedly attacked and inference that Kate doesn't want to follow the hunter code.
Feel free to contribute your predictions too, as long as they are from the perspective of just seeing this episode. Suzie & I will chat about this episode on an upcoming podcast of Hexed. Say tuned!