Shannon here. Finally saw Episode 2 of Teen Wolf and I'm going to keep this episode run dwn idea going. It won't be as detailed as Episode 1 as not as much happened but sill will include spoilers (see big SPOILER warning below!!) for the episode, and predictions for future episodes. All the views are entirely from the perspective of watching the actual episode. Okay, let's see what stirs up!
SPOILERS and DETAILS for TEEN WOLF, SEASON 1, EPISODE 2 BELOW
Teen Wolf Season 1
Episode 2: Second Chance at First Line
Lacrosse practice makes Scott start to turn and both Stiles & Derek try to convince him not to play at the first game of the season, plus continuing to unveil the mystery of the body found in episode one.
Kind of self-explanatory title of "Second Chance at First Line", but technically doens't make sense as Scott actually *made* first line in Ep 1, so why does he need a second chance?
- Laura Hale, is the body that was found
- Derek gets arrested, but also released as the body could have been killed by an animal
- Jackson tells the team not to pass to Scott during the lacrosse game
- Derek has a sister: Laura
- Scott & Allison (first) kiss
- Stiles tries to pick up Lydia, but she ignored him
- The body found was Laura Hale, Derek's Sister.
- It really sets into Scott that Allison's Dad is a hunter
- Very surprized they treaded similar ground to episode one with the lacrosse and Scott is/isn't on the team-ness. Not surprized at Jackson trying to turn the team against Scott, thought.
- Isn't digging up something else's property like... illegal (bad Scott & Stiles)?
- Scott goes against Stiles & Derek's insistence not to play in the game, lots of potential for conflict there.
- "Jane Doe - Partial" = gross!
- Derek doesn't seem the stupid type to me, so I'm really surprized that the body was on his property.
- If lacrosse is that big of a deal (everyone on the show was there), the stands should be fuller
- Scott sneaks into the morgue a little too easily
- I hope they don't institute a curfew, they just get broken
- I was very impressed that they indicate someone on the team is gay, and that it wasn't a big deal.
- Not as strong as episode 1, but still had some great moments and awesome awkwardness. Stiles is still my fave character
- Scott reacts badly after being near the wolfsbane for a while
- We see a red 'wolf vision' kind of thing, but it doesn't always seem to be Scott's perspective.
- Looks like women can be werewolves too (YAY!)
- Scott can hone in his selectively good hearing.
- Seems like if you bury a werewolf with a circles buried of rope that ends in wolfsbane they stay in wolf form
- Not much action here, although the it looks like Laura was a werewolf and killed which could be the reason for Derek's return. Also shows that the previous notation that Derek's family were all killed in a fire was incorrect, so I'm thinking there there could be more Hales around.
- During the episode I thought the girl could have been Derek's girlfriend / mate (but obvioulsy ...that didn't happen)
- The two halves of Laura reform and come alive! (farfetched... I know)
- Jackson finds out too much and Derek tries to kill him!
- Who killed Laura Hale?
- Why the heck was 1/2 of Laura buried at the Hale house?
- Still haven't seen Derek wolf-out
- Doesn't Derek get cold in that half-dilapidated house?
- How big is this town? It seems big enough that people act like they don't know each other but small enough that there is almost no security on things (morgue, for example) something feels off there.
- We still don't know who bit Scott
- If they knew that the death could have been from an animal, why did they arrest Derek in the first place?
- Stiles' Dad & Allison's Dad - look to similar, especially when Stiles' Dad isn't in cop-gear.
- The girls on the show (Allison & Lydia) need interests outside of guys & lacrosse. Jobs... hobbies... be good at something, have a rivalry.. anything please!
- Jackson figuring things out - I hate to say it, but I think that would be pretty cool. He might try and get himself turned!
- I can handle weird - Allison to Scott
- I don't date losers - Lydia (Oh, Lydia....)
- He's a good looking guy. But I like girls. - Scott (aw!)
- Stiles reveals the body was Laura Hale, Derek's sister
- Jackson notices the ripping through of Scott's lacrosse's glove
- Derek sees that Jackson notices the glove