Time for another episode run down for Teen Wolf, and yes it will include spoilers (see big SPOILER warning below!!) for the particular episode, but only the episode noted in the post title as I don't watch trailers, teasers or read spoiler articles. It may also include predictions for future episodes, but all the views are entirely from the perspective of watching the actual episode. Okay, let's get started!
SPOILERS and DETAILS for TEEN WOLF, SEASON 1, EPISODE 3 BELOW
Teen Wolf Season 1 Episode #3: Pack Mentality
- On the full moon Scott has a dream that he attacks Allison in a bus, and turns out a man was attacked in a bus. Scott goes to Derek for help in figuring out what what happened.
- Confirmation on pack-ness, including alpha & beta werewolves
- Intro and demise of Mr. Myers, bus driver who gets attacked and succumbs to his injuries
- Allison is pretty flippy-like and she (says) it's from gymnastics
- Confirmation that Derek is a werewolf, as he wolfs out
- Extremely awkward (and funny) lunch scene meshing all the characters together, and adding the previously referred to Danny
- Very odd bowling double date with Allison & Scott and Lydia & Jackson
- Scott goes to Derek for help, he concedes at the price of getting something from Scott later
- Derek says he didn't bite Scott, the Alpha wolf did
- If Scott didn't attack Mr. Myers - why was he even at the bus?
- Did Lydia seriously size up and make eyes at Mr. Argent? Seriously? Isn't that age-inappropriate?
- Bad Scott crushing lockers at school in front of people.
- This episode needed more Stiles!
- It's kind of hilarious that there is a curfew and no one pays attention - that's almost like taking a page from the Vampire Diaries.
- Scott's Mom almost attacking Stiles was pretty funny.
- I'm wondering if someone other than Derek buried Laura, if it was some kind of spell or ward - especially as Scott had a reaction to the wolfsbane and Stiles (I think) was the one that pulled up the rope - maybe Derek couldn't do that are somehow it brought him back to this area. Could also foreshadow Stiles in being helper-guy for stuff if there are more things that werewolves can't do, like familiars are with vampires.
- 'Sensory memory' - Scott pulls into the memory bus fight (or dream?) from going into the bus and being open to his senses (go Derek for sharing techniques!)
Potential lore-ish stuff that isn't yet confirmed, explained or clear:
- Looks like Derek couldn't disobey and/or calmed down Mr. Argent
- Looks like Derek made the dog in the cop car go crazy
- Possible collective memory - Scott when 'remembering' bus attack sometimes it doesn't seem to be from his perspective
- From the vet - wolves can access long term memory if triggered by primal instincts (oh man, I'm not sure I can go there...)
- Laura Hale returned to look for the Alpha (why?)
- Derek was looking for the Alpha (why?)
- During the ep. I thought maybe Derek has to 'make' new werewolves for the hunters to hunt, although by the end of the ep that seems unlikely
- Mr. Argent could be the Alpha (support: Derek calming down at the gas station, Allison's flexibility and also lack of anyone else that it seems like it could be / against: would make Derek wrong about calling them hunters, which doesn't seem likely).
- Maybe Allison is the Alpha werewolf and she attacked Mr. Myers!
- Did Scott freak out when Stiles' dad came to the animal clinic?
- Was someone watching Allison when she got home?
- Who killed Mr. Myers?
- Who killed Laura? (carry-over)
- Who it the Alpha?
- Is a cougar a mountain lion? :)
- Do all cops have dogs?
- Lydia playing stupid - not sure why she'd do this.
- What will Derek ask as a future favour for Scott for his help?
- How come Taylor is so mean and doesn't have any good guy friends? That seems weird.
- How do you cheat at bowling? Scott to Taylor
- Well, that's enough parenting for me for one night - Scott's Mom
- Derek/Scott smackdown!
- Plus reveal by Derek that Scott was bitten by an Alpha (support of a third werewolf: eyes in the forest while they were in the house)