Time for another episode run down for Teen Wolf, and yes it will include spoilers (see big SPOILER warning below!!) for the particular episode, but only the episode noted in the post title as I don't watch trailers, teasers or read spoiler articles. It may also include predictions for future episodes, but all the views are entirely from the perspective of watching the actual episode. Okay, let's get started!
SPOILERS and DETAILS for TEEN WOLF, SEASON 1, EPISODE #8 BELOW
Teen Wolf Season 1
Episode #8: Lunatic
Mostly unfocused, it's the full moon, Scott's out of control, Jackson & Allison are curious about stuff and looking like they are going to figure things out as are Kate & Chris (Allison's Dad & Aunt) and Derek is alive and prevents Scott from attacking Allison & Jackson.
Scott's mom says the term lunatic comes from the full moon (luna = moon)
- Derek is alive
- Allison is grumpy and sad about not being with Scott
- Scott is grumpy not being with Allison
- Stiles is grumpy because Scott kissed Lydia
- Lydia & Scott kiss! Oh my!
- Jackson & Allison continue to spend time with each other, and confide that they don't think Derek was responsible for what's been happening
- Derek is alive. ALIVE!
- Scott infers that it's the Alpha that bit him (I don't think this is confirmed)
- Kate looks like she might have figured out that the 'smaller' werewolf could be a younger wolf
- Handcuffs can not keep a werewolf contained
- Derek says there is a potential cure for a bitten-created werewolf, by killing the one that bit them
- Scott 'sees' red-vision of Allison with Jackson messing around, but they actually weren't - does this mean his other visions could have been also wrong interpretations, or implanted images?
- Looks like Scott & Derek will go after the Alpha together as now Scott wants to kill the Alpha as a possible 'cure' for bitten-werewolf ism but lots of catches - 1) was it the Alpha that bit him and 2)It's unconfirmed that this will work.
- Kate will figure out Scott is a werewolf & try to kill him, pitting Allison against her.
- Derek & Scott will kill the alpha, but it won't cure Scott
- If this was the full moon, how come nothing happened to Jackson? What is going on with him? Will we see more full-moon-ness next week?
- Odd that Scott in transition is not very suave, but Jackson in whatever stage of whatever he is going through is more suave.
- Who died (burning? ) when Stiles comes out to see his dad - who killed them, how, why?
- Lydia, as always - why isn't she noticing or annoyed that Jackson is spending time with Allison?
- If you help me find him, I'll help you kill him - Derek to Scott
- Everyone likes Danny. Now they'll all hate you. Stiles to Scott
- I feel like there is a dis-continuity between the end of episode 7 and this episode, as we left with Scott saying he think he has to leave 'his pack', but he actually just stops seeing Allison at *her* request, and maintains friendship with Stiles.
- Also - zero explanation as to how Derek could be alive after the attack, although I am glad to have him back. Derek-less episodes aren't okay with this viewer!
- All around I think it was a bit of a messy episodes, but there was some good fun kicking around too like Allison zapping her teddy bear and the awkward conversation between Stiles & Scott's Mom when he lets himself into Scott's house.
Left off at:
Jackson pieces together (literally) Scott's werewolf nail from the car roof to the torn lacrosse glove.
Feel free to contribute your predictions too, as long as they are from the perspective of just seeing this episode. Suzie & I will chat about this episode on an upcoming podcast of Hexed. Say tuned!