Time for our final episode run down for Teen Wolf Season One, and yes it will include spoilers (see big SPOILER warning below!!) for the particular episode and the entire first season with predictions going forward. But, I don't watch trailers, teasers or read spoiler articles. All the views are entirely from the perspective of just watching the actual episode.
SPOILERS and DETAILS for TEEN WOLF, SEASON 1, EPISODE #12 BELOW
Teen Wolf Season 1
Episode #12: Code-Breaker
Focus: Lots crammed in the episode but it all comes down to everyone against The Alpha, and that really means everyone save Lydia whose in the hospital.
Title Reference: Allison's Dad finds out that Aunt Kate was responsible for the Hale House Fire, therefore she was the code-breaker. Could also refer to Allison who helps Scott. Or, could also be Derek who in the end killed The Alpha and thereby becoming An Alpha.
- Lydia was bit, but isn't turning like Scott did
- Aunt Kate dies at the hands of Alpha Peter
- Alpha Peter is killed by Derek, although collectively Stiles, Allison, Jackson & Scott wear him down first.
- Alpha Peter offers Stiles 'The Bite', but he turns him down
- Jackson asks to be bit by Derek, and looks like he goes for it
- Scott & Allison get back together
- Both Stiles & Jackson show concern for Lydia
- Alpha Peter says he turned Scott to create a new pack, and that it could have just as easily been Stiles he bit
- Derek appeared to have the strength to leave the Hale House Dungeon at anytime, but waited until he had Scott coming to him for help before releasing
- I loved the opening of the episode, how there sound was drowned out and it felt very out of time and like disillusionment shattered. I actually really felt for Allison & her Dad & the fear they had of Scott.
- I was a little peeved that Scott being bit = no plan. Perhaps I'm more fond of long arc stories, or perhaps it was a lie.
- Did anyone believe Aunt Kate was going to talk Allison 'away'? That was not beleivable as suspicion was already cast on her at that point, I thought at least another hunter should have been with them.
- If Scott can 'call' Derek by howling, why couldn't Peter?
- In episode 8 Derek said says there is a potential cure for a bitten-created werewolf, by killing the one that bit them but Scott in this episode tried to stop Derek because of the cure - am I missing something there?
- It appears that one becomes the Alpha by killing the other Alpha.
Potential lore-ish stuff that isn't yet confirmed, explained or clear yet:
- Alpha Peter says Lydia would turn twice a month, quick assumption is because she's a woman but I have a feeling might be another reason
- Allison seemed to 'see' things like Lydia basking in blood - is she psychic? is it a premonition? Is her mother the same?
- I'm not sure how arc-y this show is, they closed out the Alpha Peter but it feels like there was more there. Kate admitted her part to the Hale House Fire, but it feels like there was more there too. It looks like it will go in the direction of folks working together (I love that idea!), as all the teens team up and I can't imagine Allison's Dad not seeing that Kate did wrong.
- So many possibilities... could turn to be the teens vs Derek, or the teens and the hunters come together against the new prey.
- what is this bigger prey that werewolves need to fight together as a pack?
- If Alpha Peter was doing this all for revenge, and only killing those responsible, why didn't Derek support him (Would he have killed Derek too?)
- Was this Derek's plan all along?
- Can their be only 1 Alpha? Anyone else feel like Highlander + Klingons?
- What the heck did Allison's Dad say to Kate? What language was that? Their background is French - and I'm pretty sure that wasn't French.
- What is Lydia?
- What will become of Jackson (inferred that Derek bits him)
- Where was the vet?
- Lydia (always! That's my most consistent thing I've said about this show)
- Derek... I might rewatch it just to see if it's possible he orchastrated everything and in the end picked Jackson over Scott because Jackson is more likely to follow and Scott continues to rebel.
- "None of this has been easy." - Scott
- "You are not in love. You are 16 years old. You are a child" - Derek to Scott
- "Staying quiet is your only protection" - Allison's Mom (I don't like this quote but it felt important).
- Looks like Allison's parents are contemplating leaving
- Scott & Allison are happy
- Kate & Alpha Peter Dead
- Derek "is the Alpha now"
- No one know what will become of Lydia (or Jackson)
Feel free to contribute your predictions too, as long as they are from the perspective of just seeing this episode. Suzie & I will chat about this episode on an upcoming podcast of Hexed. Say tuned!