It's May which means it's now the time that we start to see the 2013-14 TV seasons as The Big 5 US stations are in announcing their schedules mode. Now, here in Canada we won't know until later on where the shows will lands on the Canadian channels but at least it gives us the go ahead on knowing which shows have gone from Pilot to Pick Up.
We are right in the midst of announcements, and has individual channel schedules for Fox and NBC, and then picks up news for The CW, ABC, and CBS. If you are visually-inclined, check out TV Line's Slideshow for New Fall TV here. And now, on to the pick ups!
- Sleepy Hollow is confirmed as added to Fox's schedule for Mondays at 9pm.
- Fox also snuck in another "genre" show with J.J. Abrams' Almost Human, which is described as "An action-packed buddy cop show set in the near future when all LAPD officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids.", this one is from FOX and stars Karl Urban, Michael Ealy, Lili Taylor, Minka Kelly, Michael Irby, Mackenzie and Mekia Cox. Almost Human is on Fox's schedule for late fall Mondays at 8pm.
- Believe gets picked up and casting fills out with Johnny Sequoyah, Jake McLaughlin, Kyle MacLachlan, Delroy Lindo, Jamie Chung, Sienna Guillory and Arian Moayed. Believe lands on the NBC line up on Sunday nights at 9pm.
- Also on NBC are lots of schedule changes, including moving Revolution from Mondays to Wednesday and putting Grimm BACK to Friday Nights where it will share a home with the previously confirmed new series Dracula starring Johnathan Rhys-Meyers.
- Star-Crossed (previously known as Oxygen) although it has a new title, it's been added to The CW's line up, I'm really looking forward to this one as it's described as "Passion and politics threaten the peace and an epic romance ignites between a human girl (Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden) and an alien boy when he and eight others of his kind (The Orion 9) are integrated into a suburban high school ten years after they and hundreds of others landed on Earth and were immediately consigned to an internment camp where they’ve been imprisoned ever since."
- The Tomorrow People is going ahead on The CW, this is based on the UK series from the 70's following people with extraordinary powers.
- The 100 (previously referred to as The Hundred), follows a set of delinquents sent to each to see if re-population is possible 97 years after destruction of civilization and has the a-okay by The CW to go to series.
- Also, The Originals were previously announced as getting the series order.
- Joss Whedon's Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been confirmed and a teaser trailer came out on the weekend and ERUPTED all over the place.
- Mind Games (previously known as Influence) also has the go ahead on ABC, this one stars Steve Zahn and Christian Slater and follows 2 brothers who use the real science of human motivation and manipulation.
- Resurrection (previously The Returned) has also has the go ahead on ABC, this is the one that asks the question "What happens when the people you have mourned and buried suddenly appear on your doorstep as if not a day's gone by? The lives of the people of Arcadia are forever changed when their deceased loved ones return. Based on a novel by Jason Mott.".
- Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (previously known as simply Wonderland) looks like it's moving forward but that it will be a limited run bridge. I have to admit, I'm surprized at that.
- Intelligence, starring Josh Holloway and Michael Rady and described as "Centers on U.S. Cyber Command, a unit that has been created around one agent with a very special gift: a microchip that has been implanted in his brain that allows him to access the entire electromagnetic spectrum." and has been picked up by CBS.
As you can see we've already had several title changes and slight modifications, which is a good reminder that these shows are still in development, and clearly information may change about them at any time! But we are keeping our eye out for them and many more shows that will pop up for next season!
You can see the ones we have our eye on from the mammoth list (Big 5 as well as Specialty Channels) and the discussion Suzie and I had on titles with a paranormal, science fiction, fantasy or superhero angle, plus a few that sounded so awesome we couldn't leave it out. A few here and there it's hard to hone in on the genre, but these are all shows that have been confirmed to have gone from pilot to pick up, and that we will be following.